Max Spielmann Passport Photo Booth
Find your nearest photo booth for
perfect passport photos and ID photos
Our photo booth is a state-of-the-art booth with amazing features all designed to make it as easy as possible for you to get your passport photos and other ID pictures including visa photos and passes easily, wherever you are in the UK.
Why choose Max for your passport photos?
Passport Photo Requirements
In order for your passport photos to be accepted when you apply for a new passport or passport renewal, they must fulfil the following criteria:
- Each passport photo must measure 4.5cm (45mm) high and 3.5cm (35mm) wide
- Photos must focused, clear and to a high, professional standard
- In full colour on a white or high coloured background (with no border)
- Photos must not have tears or creases
- Unless your passport photos needs to be countersigned, they must not be marked on either side
- Your eyes must be open, visible and not have your hair obscuring them. Your photo must also not have ‘red eye’
- There must be no other objects or people in your passport photos
- There must be no shadows behind you or on your face in the photos, however there should be a clear contrast to the background
- Passport photo must show your face looking straight on
- You must display a plain expression with your mouth closed
Find a passport photo booth near me
If you're wondering where to get your passport photo taken, Max Spielmann has got you covered. We have 100s of photo booth locations across the UK meaning you are sure to find one to visit at your convenience. Simply find your nearest photobooth using our store finder and pop in for a friendly service!
Visa photos and international passport photos for different countries
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take baby passport photos?
Yes we specialise in and take baby passport photos and visas too.
Can I get a digital ID photo code?
Yes we offer digital ID photo codes for UK passports if required.
Do you offer digital copies of my passport photos?
Yes, you can choose to get your photos onto a USB or by email (may incur a cost).
How long do passport photos take?
We can take and print your pass photos in minutes!
Can you help me complete the whole passport application?
Some of our stores offer our Apply and Go service where we can complete the whole passport application process or passport renewal in-store while you wait. Currently this is available for UK passport applications and renewals only.
Do I need to know the latest passport photo regulations?
No, we have a database of all current passport photo requirements for most countries.
Can you take a visa photo?
Yes we offer lots of visa photo options and can custom make an ID photo to the exact requirements required.
Can I wear glasses in my passport photo?
It is fine to wear glasses providing they are not sunglasses or tinted, however there must be no glare and your eyes are fully visible
Do you offer a driving licence photo service?
Yes we do, visit one of our local branches today.
Are my passport photos and visa photos guaranteed?
All of our passport photos and ID photos are fully guaranteed and we will retake free of charge or refund if needed.
Do I need to book an appointment for a passport photo?
No, you can pop into any of our stores and get your passport photo take straight away.
What if I don't like the passport photo?
We will take as many photos as you need to get your perfect ID or passport photo.
What checks do you do to ensure my passport photo will pass?
We run your passport photos through the .GOV online checked and also complete extra checks in-store to make sure your passport photo has the best chance of passing.
Is the process secure?
Yes, we follow all current GDPR requirements for protecting your data.
Can you edit or enhance my passport photo?
Passport photos must not have been manipulated or edited by computer software.
Can I use an existing photo of myself for a passport photo?
Your passport photo must be a close up of your head and upper shoulders, not cut out of a larger photo
All our photo booths:
- Provide a code for you to upload your digital passport photo automatically into your online HMPO UK passport application in addition to the printed copy
- Require no seat adjustment or camera adjustment, automatically focussing the camera for you
- Are accessible for wheelchair users
- Takes cash or card including chip and pin, contactless, Apple Pay, Google Pay
- Have audio and visual instructions with a choice of 6 languages, including Welsh
- Provide an option to email your digital photo for free
- Have remote support so if you are stuck, just give us a call!
Our industry-leading photo booths for businesses and retailers are available for installation throughout the UK and Ireland. They just need power and use our own 3G/4G connectivity. The typical footprint of a booth is 195h x 170w x 89d or 150w for our smaller, non-wheelchair accessible booth. Please contact us if you would like further information.