Passport Photo Service by Max Spielmann
We can also provide photos which meet the requirements for a range of photo ID including driving licence, bus passes, railcards, student cards, season tickets, green card, and many others! Unlike many photo booths, we take as many photos as you need to ensure you are completely satisfied before they are printed - at no additional cost! In addition to providing ID photos for applications in the UK, all of our branches are able to provide you with photos for International Passports and visas. Currently, we can provide you with passport and visa photos for over 140 countries.
Apply and Go - Let Us Help You Complete Your Passport Application
For peace of mind at a great price, remove the hassle of applying for your passport by using our ‘Apply and Go’ service. Visit one of our shops and our expert colleagues will guide you through the entire process - from taking your perfect passport photo to completing your application form securely online, ensuring you get it right first time. All you need to do is bring your old passport along with you. Find out what you documents you require for your application here.
Use our store finder to locate which our 400 nationwide branches is closest to you to have your passport photo taken by one of our photo experts. In order to assist you with your passport renewal, please bring your current passport in to your local Max Spielmann so we can send off your passport securely to complete your application successfully. As our passport photos are electronically checked with Her Majesty’s Post Office, our hassle-free Apply and Go service saves you time as we do all the leg work, plus your new passport will be delivered directly to your address. And we are cheaper than the Post Office too!
Digital Passport Photo for Passport Renewal
All of our shops are able to provide you with a digital photo and unique photo code. When applying for your passport online, simply enter the photo code in your online application and your passport photo will be uploaded immediately. Each digital passport photo that we take is uploaded safely onto a secure server. The unique photo code that we will provide you with allows HMPO to retrieve your photo from our secure server. It is very important that your digital passport photo meets the strict specifications that Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) set. All of our colleagues are trained to ensure that your passport photo will pass first time.
Click for more:
- Baby Passport Photos
- Digital Passport Photos
- Documents Checklist
- Passport Photo Booths
- Passport Photo Requirements
- International Passport Photos
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of passport photo and ID photos can you take?
We can take all types of passport and ID photos including visas for different countries, driving licence, travel passes and much more.
How much is it?
For standard passport photo and ID types it is £9.99. For visas it is £14.99.
Do you take baby passport photos?
Yes we specialise in and take baby passport photos and visas too.
Can I get a digital ID photo code?
Yes we offer digital ID photo codes for UK passports if required.
What if my passport photo is rejected?
Don't worry, we will retake your passport photo for free.
Can I wear makeup on my passport photo
Yes, you can wear makeup.
How long do passport photos take?
We can take and print your pass photos in minutes!
Can you take a visa photo?
Yes we offer lots of visa photo options and can custom make an ID photo to the exact requirements required.
Can I wear glasses in my passport photo?
It is fine to wear glasses providing they are not sunglasses or tinted, however there must be no glare and your eyes are fully visible
Can I wear my hair up or cover it?
You can wear your hair up but unless for religious or medical reasons, your hair must not be covered.
Are my passport photos and visa photos guaranteed?
All of our passport photos and ID photos are fully guaranteed and we will retake free of charge or refund if needed.
Passport Photo Requirements
In order for your passport photos to be accepted when you apply for a new passport or passport renewal, they must fulfil the following criteria:
- Each individual passport photo must measure 4.5cm (45mm) high and 3.5cm (35mm) wide
- Photos must focused, clear and to a high, professional standard
- In full colour on a white or high coloured background (with no border)
- Photos must not have tears or creases
- Unless your passport photos needs to be countersigned, they must not be marked on either side
- Photos must not have been manipulated or edited by computer software
- Your passport photo must be a close up of your head and upper shoulders, not cut out of a larger photo
- Your eyes must be open, visible and not have your hair obscuring them. Your photo must also not have ‘red eye’
- There must be no other objects or people in your passport photos
- Unless for religious/medical reasons your hair must not be covered
- There must be no shadows behind you or on your face in the photos, however there should be a clear contrast to the background
- Passport photo must show your face looking straight on
- You must display a plain expression with your mouth closed
- It is fine to wear glasses providing they are not sunglasses or tinted, however there must be no glare and your eyes are fully visible